
Getting the smoker working really good before we head out to the other hives at the farm.

We had a hive on our porch roof this year and here is Bert getting ready to take the honey off the hive. Now....how do we get these 55+ pound boxes off the roof?
2 comments:
How many boxes are there , looks like five , that is a lot of honey.
You could get them thru the window ,don't you.
Next time if you need help, maybe I will come over.
Fokke,
The bottom two boxes are for the brood (the queen lays the eggs there) and then there is a queen excluder before the three boxes of honey that are above the brood boxes. We did bring the honey through the balcony window and I carried about four frames at a time in a box. The honey supers have 10 frames of honey and the super weighs over 50 lbs, so four frames at a time was all I could carry. Keep the end of August open if you want to help us in 2012.
Post a Comment